• Reply to topic

What’s your view on Hmong Herb Vs Western medicine?

4hmoobherbs

Registration date : 2012-03-14

What’s your view on Hmong Herb Vs Western medicine?

Post by 4hmoobherbs on March 14th 2012, 12:05 pm

Hello!

My name is Katie and I am a first year Public Health student from Touro University. My professor, Kajua Lor Pharm.D., and I are conducting a survey for a research project and we would like your feedback before we post it up. Our goal is to determine how the Hmong people view herbal medicine in terms of indications, safety, and efficacy compared to Western medications they receive from the doctor or pharmacy. This information will help us get an idea of how and why herbal medicines are used and to help with subsequent research. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for your time!

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments Smile

Thank you,
-Katie Smile

Davdub

Registration date : 2009-12-19

Re: What’s your view on Hmong Herb Vs Western medicine?

Post by Davdub on March 14th 2012, 8:54 pm

Katie, are u Hmong or other. I just write what I thought I don't know for sure but the reality that Hmong elder used herbal medicine for their life but if we are focusing on the business, I think herbal medicine will not do well on business if I be come a medicine Dr. I choose westerner medicine.

4hmoobherbs

Registration date : 2012-03-14

Post by 4hmoobherbs on March 14th 2012, 9:55 pm

Thank you Davdub for your comment Smile

I am not Hmong, but my professor Kajua Lor is of Hmong origin. Our research is to investigate the general view of the Hmong community on herbal medicine regarding safety, and how active is it in use today with the influence of Western medicine. We will have a short survey sent out soon to give us an idea of this topic. It will be great if you can participate in it Davdub!

P.S. As a thank you, there will be a prize at the end of the survey research for those who participate. So please keep posted on this topic. Smile

Thank you,
-Katie Smile

Davdub

Registration date : 2009-12-19

Post by Davdub on March 14th 2012, 11:33 pm

Thank you Katie

I just reply in your post but I have no Idea what is going on to the herbal.

4hmoobhe

Post by 4hmoobhe on April 4th 2012, 1:56 pm

Thank You Davdub for your reply Smile

It's okay if you are not an expert on Hmong herbal practice. The study just want to have a general idea of your thoughts towards the topic. As long as you're Hmong origin, you can can the survey. You participation is much appriciated. Thanks again and please keep posted on this topic as the survey will be post shortly.

Have a great one today,

-Katie Smile

Tubzoonraug

Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by Tubzoonraug on April 4th 2012, 4:17 pm

4 Hmong

According to 500.000 yrs ago, my people often used herbal medicine to cured our own people during that time. I think those herbal medicine wasn't adding Chemical to it and it seem to cured better than western medicine and it had no allergy. But now we used western medicine much different because it contain some chemical and some can cost of death.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:06 am

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 12:06 am